View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
mamaherrera

Default Thanks so much chica!

Sunshine girl, you are the bomb!! I PM'd you the other day by the way, not sure if you saw it! I get ya, and thanks for the idea on the WATER with essential oils, that takes care of one more "buildup"problem I could have. YOu made a good point, a couple actually that I Needed to hear. 1) buildup is now erased from the thinking board. Thanks--I was wondering, my gosh am I not washing enough. I used Pure Curls poo, and no lather at all, it doesn't have sulfates, but many say it's great for buildup and that's what it's made for!!
2) Yes maybe it's one of my conditioners, I'm thinking what you all have said, maybe Garnier triple 3 is too much oil for conditioner for me. I'm going to try the G VP conditioning balm for a few days. I got much better curl definition/root curl today, but still lots of frizz. ANd your best point at all, perhaps it is overconditioning and that doesn't always have to be super soft/fluffy. That's all I see on other posts, but I'm still really hoping to do that PT> Since I've already washed enough could i do that with just a water rinse/low poo, right??

You have been a Godsend, really since I've quit scrubbing so hard on the scalp, and some days just water rinse, no scrub, my scalp has felt better, not 100%but better. never imagined that someone else could have the same issue as me. I read that others do their cowash scrubbing so hard till their arms hurt, so taht's what I was trying to do. . . . guess that's not for me!! I will keep trying. . . . giving it a break. Again, I'm going to try not even a leave in, just a gel or gelly (although I"m thinking not gelly because of the humectants and I'm in NM), but I appreciate your combinations but like you pointed out, most of your gels had protein and I don't want to go their yet until I figure out if that's the problem or not. Good point too about the fact that if I do a water rinse only, just add a bit more gel, not as much since some of it does stay in. At least doing a low poo eevery other day should get rid of that gel since I don't use any cones.

One more thing, by chance do you have a bang? I have a side bang I"m playing with. I HAVE to use gel to keep it out of my eyes or else, but of course by the next day, it's lost it's power. How can I redo my bang without getting mega gel buildup, because I do have to put quite a bit in their to keep it more stiff, and the next day yuck, maybe rewet and see if that gel reactivates??? Just brainstorming on lighter subjects!! Keep in touch please, I'll let you know if I risk that protein!
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote