View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
mamaherrera

Default update for you all

I've been really good about just sticking to the basics. Here's what I did. I did a lowpoo(with exederm shampoo, no lather at all) and added two drops of tea tree oil to that. Rinsed as well as I could and scrubbed as light as possible (sunshine, you know I have that sore scalp that was on the road to improvement). Then I applied CJ repair me, smoothing it over and had a shower cap and hot towel on top for 15 minutes. Then I rinsed off, felt it very smooth/silky, so no major straw!! Then I applied just a bit of GVP conditioning balm to length and rinsed. Then I did just a very small leave in just to ends, didn't even work it up, just scrunched it into the ends and did AOMM as my gel/hold. Now I got no negative effects from the PT, so I must not be so protein sensitive as I thought, BUT no improvements either. What's weird is that canopy frizz isn't just there, it balls up, it all like . . . hooks up together and becomes a very noticeable ball of frizz, like static charge, or I don't get it. Is it my technique/? what I did first was scrunch the water out with my t shirt, then I plopped in that same shirt. Then I added the gelly and then I plopped with a flour sack. Maybe it's that and not the product, but I was almost crying to my husband, because I've gone from ok to horrible and I can't get rid of this very obvious frizz. I still have the frizz in the curls to even when wet, so the protein didn't help either. then the other thing, In bed, my head was having this like slight burn/itch in the whole entire scalp. Do you all think it was the tea tree oil or the repair me, any idea? I was getting better with my sore scalp and it came back which makes me think it's obviously an irritation that I started feeling while rinsing out my PT and conditioner, my scalp was hurting from the pressure of the water while rinsing them. This is so very frustrating. Any help so I don't feel so alone would be helpful. If I knew of a knowledgeable salon I would ask them, but like I said, they just push DEVA on me or whatever they're selling.
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote