Finally others with this problem. I'm not alone. My hair started out tender in two spots and at first I also related it to bobby pins. So I quit that. Then I noticed even pulling my bang to the side, which I've done for years when I want it out of my face, man was that hair sore after taking the clip out. almost as though it can't stand being pulled in the opposite direction. I thought it was me sleeping in a satin scarf,so I quit that. I couldn't put it up in a pineapple, ouch! Now, that I've quit that. It can handle ponytails, but not me going in and doing a scrubbing cowash, it's worse wet, obviousyl because it's heavier with the water. Even the water pressure from my shower makes it very painful to wash. I"ve gone to dermatologists and regular docs, no one knows what it is. But I thought less water, maybe I'm drying it out. Can't comb it withuot a slight burn. What is going on with us people?? I've bought so many different shampoos/conditioners, thinking ti was allergy, but how can it be that I don't like anything?? I dont think it's allergies, I go for dryness, btu we've got to wet our hair to style it. And yes, massaging, I think I was massaging too hard!
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness