i dont have this kind of problem, but i do do quiet a bit of stuff to keep a healthy scalp, im really into using natural things to grow my hair. Everything i use i research first, (i would NEVER let anything new touch my hair with out me knowing what it does). lots of natural things have many different benefits. same things i have tried and used are:
Rosemary: growth stimulator, anti inflammatory
Ginger: growth stimulator, helps against dandruff
Stinging nettle: helps against dandruff, sore ichy scalp, gives hair a wonderful shine and softness
marshmallow root: (same as nettle) also gives amazing slip
(pure) argan oil: helps with EVERYTHING, dry ichy scalp, repairs hair, helps against dandruff, anti inflammatory, softness, shine and helps fade scars
tea tree: helps against dandruff, anti inflammatory disinfects
peppermints: calms and growth stimulator
I have tried all this myself, in the past 2 months my hair has SHOT out, so i can say that it helps with growth. my boyfriend get dandruff and red sores and flacks on his scalp, i message a mixture of (pure) argan and tee tree in his scalp and with one application the next day his dandruff is mostly gone. so i no that helps. i am also pretty sure if i didnt do that that my scalp would be pretty messy as well......
i do hope that it might help somone else

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494