View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #17
mamaherrera

Default I know

I know that's probably true, but I just hate gel because it seems to make me itch and feel dried out. I might have to look into that flax seed stuff., I've tried flaxseed gel but can't get the recipe to work for me. Plus I get tired of this 2nd day hair issue, I don't like to always have to get in teh shower and rewet, dries out my scalp, but if I can't comb it, what more can I do with it but to put it up. And then I feel like if I spritz and add more gel, I'm going to get that white producty stuff. AOMM has no oils, lots of aloe vera and humectants, but I do get lots of spidery web stuff. For you, when you get that, what does it mean?? I get a lot of that! I don't think I should use lots of humectant, because I"m in an arid climate, but most gels have glycerin or aloe or something to that matter. And then if they don't they have all chemicals. Sunshine Girl said she's in Utah, they're dry and she can use some humectants. Others have told me that humectants work if you use a good moisturizing leave in, but now Im been told not to use leave in, so I don't if I should ban humectants. I'm so confused. Sunshine girl, you do use a curl cream before your gel, no?? I Mean, something that would give me some moisture would maybe help my hair handle gel.
As for PT, I did try Repair me and left it on for fifteen minutes. Was that long enough?? I did it with a hot towel. but I saw no improvements or anything worse, so how often do you think I should do that?? I have no idea of knowing when my hair needs it, since it often looks spider webby!!
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote