For you, when you get that, what does it mean?? I get a lot of that! I don't think I should use lots of humectant, because I"m in an arid climate, but most gels have glycerin or aloe or something to that matter. And then if they don't they have all chemicals. Sunshine Girl said she's in Utah, they're dry and she can use some humectants. Others have told me that humectants work if you use a good moisturizing leave in, but now Im been told not to use leave in, so I don't if I should ban humectants.
I'm not really sure exactly what it means I think it's just the oil sitting on top of the hair, not getting absorbed so it makes it frizz and just looks generally ICK. You really have to do what works for you and it's not always easy trying to figure that out. People will give you all sorts of advice but you have to experiment, as you know what works for one person doesn't work for another. With your fine-ish looking hair you will need to be careful to not overDo the moisture and keep your protein/moisture bal in check. If Repair Me didn't do much for you you might need to try something else. The generic version of KPak readily avail. at Sally's and cheap. I know you're supposed to do a DT after but I seldom need to do that myself. If it feels rough afterwards then I add some conditioner without protein like GVP Balm afterwards and I'm good to goo. I do them about once every 2 months or so haven't really developed a routine, just do it when my hair is looking sorta droopy or too frizzy. I've even used the KPak (a pea size) as a LI when I didn't have time to do a PT or I use SS Protein Spray as needed in certain spots.
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG