View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #219
kurlykylee

[QUOTE=JaylensMami10;1802432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapa8k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10 View Post

That sounds like you may be getting too much moisture. Are you doing protein treatments?
No, but I do use a TON of conditioner. I wash about 3 times a week using the condition wash condition method and I do my final rinse upside down and scrunch conditioner in before I get out of the shower. I didn't know you could over -moisturize your hair! I also use a curl cream so maybe I should lay off on the conditioner a little?
You can absolutely over moisturize your hair and that sounds like exactly what you have done...limp hair...no curl. You have to have a moisture protein balance for TRUE HEALTHY hair so you not only need to lay off of soooo much moisture but you also need to incorporate some protein into your hair routine. How much will be up to you and your hair. You may do fine w/a over the counter product however I personally prefer to make my own bc I can control what goes in it. So do some experimentation but definitely get some protein in your life! Lol.

Thank you that helped a ton! The last couple of days I've laid off the conditioner and my hair is already doing better at keeping its volume, I will post a picture soon, but I was wondering what you do to make your own protein treatment? I don't have a lot of money so I have to keep it kind of cheap, but I'd really like to get my hair into tip top shape so I can grow it out long.
kurlykylee is offline   Reply With Quote