View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
Butterfly_Curlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalnewb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativelicense View Post
I have some goals in mind for the end of this year and beyond. I know next year I want to run a 5K. I despised running when I was much younger but have finally started to embrace it.

I also want to commit myself to exercising at least every other day and hopefully everyday, to gain strength and muscle tone. I have a bike and have been biking close to 3 miles every few days for the last two weeks, which is great. I just have a tendency to start something and then fall off the wagon.

I really have no excuses, I live the near the beach and I can go outside my door and start exercising. Maybe by putting forth my goal here, I will have more accountability.

I ran a 5k last month and it turned out to be one of the highlights of my year! I ran/walked 3 days a week for about 2 months...then I stopped working out for 2 months...then I thought "I better start taking this seriously", so I took a jog the day before the marathon. I don't suggest my training regime.

All that said, I surprised myself by jogging the majority of the race. The whole experience was awesome, but I really regretted not training for it--I KNOW I could do so much better.

My goal for 2012 will either be to run a 27-minute 5K marathon OR to do a half marathon (no time limits on that one--just surviving will suffice). I will probably settle for the lesser of the two evils, but I haven't figured out which option that would be
Congrats to you for even setting such a goal and for not only achieving it once but wanting to do it again! There are plenty of people who will never even try so yah for you! Keep it up. We can ALL do each and everything we set our minds to. We just have to stay focused and motivated!

So I got my butt up and went spinning early today! It felt good and my instructor told me that a couple in my last class thought I was an 'experienced spinner' so at least I have some people fooled Lol. No seriously I do adore the class and am thinking about picking up another day a week but we'll see. Right now lets see if I can get through this weight training and cardio I have planned for tomorrow!

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

Butterfly_Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote