View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #64
Ninjarette

It'll debut in January 2012
(along with the Silk and Honey Latte Hair Milk)
Get your credit cards READY!!!

I got permission from Rashida to tell y'all about it, after she confirmed that it's a go. I was a tester. If you love honey and olive oil as a DC, you're gonna love this one. I like it MORE than I like the Cacao Bark DC (I like the Cacao, but it's not love). Matter of fact, I love this one.

Ingredients:
Clover Honey, Vegetable Glycerin, Yucca Oil (virgin olive oil infused with Yucca root), Avocado Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Manuka Honey, BTMS, Panthenol, Essential Oils of Grapefruit and Copaiba, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The only thing that will change is the scent. The majority of testers didn't like the essential oil blend. I like it, but I don't care as much as about how a hair product smells...especially a rinse out conditioner.

It's a very thick, honey/taffy-like consistency. It needs to be applied to WET hair, as instructed. I see this being an issue for folks who don't like to follow directions. Wet hair helps the nectar to emulsify and penetrate the hair. It's way too thick/gooey to try and work it in the hair, without the help of water.

I used a heat cap..heat is recommended, and when I was done, I rinsed it out - it rinsed out easy, and left my hair unbelievably soft and pliable.

Of course if your hair doesn't like honey or glycerin, it goes without saying this probably isn't a good conditioner for you. But my hair loves both, so it's all good.

Rashida mentioned that it's not to be used as a leave-in, because of the high humectant content.

That's all folks!

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 11-08-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote