I swear, I can't even remember the last time I actually FINISHED a project. It makes me sad and mad at the same time

I learned crochet back in junior high school in Home Ec, but I taught myself how to knit (well, with a little help from a nice lady who heads a volunteer knit/crochet group here....she had to teach me purl, as a lefty I struggled with that)

I've actually finished a crochet net beanie/snood thingy. I've had a sock in the works for about 2 years now, having taught myself to knit on double-pointed needles.

By the way, belated thanks to those who helped me during my agonizing thread from that time. That sock has blood, sweat, and tears knitted into the very fibers. I still haven't finished that stupid sock but DAMMIT I know how to knit on double-pointed needles!!! (sigh)

P.S. I always recommend children's instruction books on how to knit or crochet!

ETA: Update--just pulled out the sock. Was not hard to find my place after all this time, but tonight's NOTTTTT the night to be painstakingly slipping and counting stitches after a hard, confusing first day on the new job.

On the upside, though, I've officially started the......drum roll........HEEL FLAP!!!

Last edited by sinistral55; 11-11-2011 at 04:34 PM.