Okay! so let's start with how I used it:
I got some rice water on my hair after a few minutes, without rinsing off the rice water, I got a tiny plastic bowl, poured some palm oil in it, got a bigger bowl and filled it with hot water then I placed the smaller bowl in the bigger one. I then sectioned my hair into....err...I've forgotten. I still kept on sectioning and getting the palm oil from my scalp to my hair then I single-braided my hair in sections. I then put on a plastic cap then tied scarves (two) over it to 1. prevent noises from the plastic cap and 2. to prevent a possible leakage of the palm oil onto my pillow. I slept with it on then took out the braids and washed it out in the morning. I started washing it out with conditioner (and detangling) first then I mixed a bit of shampoo in with the conditioner and then washed my hair better. I then rinsed that out, filled a bucket with water and turned my hair over letting it all be in the water, but my face not in it. I swished it around a bit, got it out then did a final conditioner wash.

After all that:
I then did a final detangling process then got a little canola, basil and rosemary oil into my hair because of the shampoo that I used. Afterwards, I combed it out and held it away from my face then I got a really tiny bit of aloe vera onto my hair. I left the house with my hair still wet for a rehearsal. After the rehearsal, I went to get my hair braided with extensions at a salon. I never comb my hair dry so I wet it up a bit by myself and that's when I felt my hair and I was like, "Ohmigosh! it's so soft!"

What I liked about it:
How soft it made my hair feel and how my hair looked. Seriously, it feels really good.

What I didn't like about it:
Washing it out was a.... dilemma. It took quite a long time. That irritated me a bit because I had someone coming over to pick me up to head to the rehearsals, they were 30 minutes away and I hadn't showered yet so it took a lot of time. Luckily, they stopped over to buy some things so I had about an hour. I spent most of the time washing out the palm oil. I didn't even get to detangle my hair fully so I did that at the salon.

My advice to you:
Don't use palm oil on your hair if you know you're going to be in a hurry when you need to wash it out.
If you're sure you're not going to be in a hurry, go ahead! use it on your hair! it's really good! It's also anti-fungal, antibacterial besides its conditioning, softening and treating properties.

What am I going to do?:
I'm going to try this out about once every 2 months. I'm saying every 2 months because I don't think I'll have the patience every month to wash it out and also, I have rehearsals till December. But, 2 months...at least I get to use it!

*Please note that it may or may not work the same way it did for me for you. We all have very different hair even if they are of the same hair type. What works for one person may or may not work for another.
Things I use: Olive Oil, Canola oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, bananas

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.