View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Auntie Bubbs

In the end, you have to do what you feel is best for your hair and what makes you feel good/happy/beautiful. Its all about you.

I went CG in 2007 for about 3-4 months and wasn't happy. Then I went modified CG - gentle cleansers, but still had sulfates. Silicones but water-soluble. My hair was happier. I just put more thought into what I used. I stayed that way for a few years, and went more and more CG as the years went by, and my hair got healthier and healthier.
There are times I miss how my hair used to look - it was fuller, longer, and had more body. But it had alot less definition to the curl, it was drier, and frizzed alot more. So overall the tradeoff was better for me, I get many more complements now than I used to. In general I miss the length though, my hair doesn't grow like it used to (and it never grew fast, like most curlies, I get volume but not length). It was thicker then than now, but I think that's an age thing; I was 30s then, I'm 40 now. LOL

Anyway, I think you have to follow a method that works best for you. I personally do not cowash all the time, I low-poo at least twice a week. My low poo has a sulfate in it, but I think its a mild one, it feels mild to me. My hair is very healthy. I clarify with ACV. I DT every week or so. I use CG curl creams and gels. I only use one cone, and its a PEG cone, in the CJ CIAB. Am I always 100% happy with my hair? No. But I'd say I'm happy with it 80% of the time, and that's pretty good. I love my curls, and I didn't always. That's a win, in my book. If you can get to where you love yours, it doesn't matter if you're CG or not. That's my humble opinion. Good luck!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote