View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
kathymack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshell View Post

Yeah, I definitely think you're right about a trim - my ends could definitely benefit, as well as having my choppy layers fixed up by my new stylist would probably help with the way my hair lays/grows in general. I've never done a DT or PT so I think I need to experiment. If you could recommend some other good products/lines for me, that would help. I really don't know of much else besides Redken and Deva, the ones I've been using for the past year or so. I know I can't use drugstore products, like Pantene because they hurt my scalp.
My hair is definitely porous from highlights I got on top of demi-permanent color about 7 months ago. All of my natural color that's grown out is healthy, so I do agree that gradually cutting away the old color will help a lot. Is it possible though that sealing - using the buttery/oily products - will weight down my hair at all? Thanks for your advice! Very helpful
Some great lines are Curl Junkie, Spiral Solutions (when she's up and running again), Donna Marie, Marie Dean, Komaza, Kinky Curly--just to name a few.

My hair is fine and not very dense as a result of age, thyroid and medication issues. I use small amounts of the richer products with no problems. My hair isn't dry, so I don't need to DT. I do at least one PT a week--CJ Repair Me and SS Protein Repair Treatment are both very moisturizing. As long as I'm using lots of protein, and don't overdo the rich products, I don't have issues with my hair being weighted down. My hair is low porosity, so it takes it a while to absorb the products. My hair actually gets better as the day goes on.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote