Hi Curlilocks and Gardencurls,

Thanks for the great messages, ladies!!! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I had it at my house, and it was wonderful and tiring!

Okay, so I have to tell you that the color situation was a bit disappointing as they used Schwarzkopf instead of Organic Coloring Systems. They said it was better at covering grey. It's a bit brassy looking, but not overly noticeable. My hair does seem a bit drier, and I now have a bit of an issue with tangles that I never had before, but, I'm not dealing with grey! No way!

Her tips for coloring were:
1. Never use box color.
2. Get the tubes, high quality color
3. If I'm only covering grey roots, there's no reason I can't do it myself.

I thought that was nice of her to recommend that as it's something she obviously makes money on, that she was encouraging me to do myself. Perhaps because I was coming from relatively far away?

This salon was a nice experience. I didn't quite know what to expect, but it was very small, with only two people working there. It was low key, unpretentious and intimate. I loved that.

So I am totally going for it next time -- and doing the RC color myself when I need a root touch up. I think I can do at least as good a job as they did, especially with all of the GREAT detailed advice from you ladies!!

I have to say as the days have gone by, I've realized I really love this deva cut she gave me! I will go back to get my next haircut from Vicky at Curls On Top in Laguna without a doubt. My hair is MUCH curlier!

Oh, one side note, I started using AG:Recoil. Wowzer, that has made my hair so curly and allowed me to keep the curl going all day and even into 2nd day hair. So exciting.

So, that's the latest! Curlilocks, let me know if you decide to head down south for a cut -- and I'll join you! Enjoy your weekend!
CG since Oct. 5, 2011
http://public.fotki.com/curlystephie/
Had two Brazillian Blowouts (last one on 6/30/11)
Curly all of my life but I don't know if I"m a 3a or 3b or both?
I love plopping.
CJ CIAB is a HG for me
Trying out CJ conditioners.
Make my own FSG using honey, fote, and mag oil.
Deva Curl "No Poo" "One Conditioner" "Heaven In Hair" "Bleaven" "AnGel" and "Set up and above"
Need more CURL ENHANCEMENT and HOLD and FRIZZ CONTROL!