Old 11-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #91
favoritecolorblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoritecolorblu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna40 View Post

They were racist. They beat you up and bullied you for being in the minority in your area. They mistreated you because of the color of your skin. They were mad at you because you are different from them. Either way they were wrong & it is important & relevant.
Do you trust Black people after experiencing something like that?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App
They were not racist. They were prejudice. Two different things.
We don't know their motive but what they committed was a hate crime in my eyes which means they are racist & prejudiced and you can be both in this case.

My point is that if one bad experience can change the way one views another race what can centuries of experiences do?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

She just said that they beat her up just because she was white. No other reason, because she was white. And the fact that they said "Hey Whitey", gives it away that they were prejudice.

Racism is what happened in the '60s. Where people were denied even the most basic things just because of the color of their skin. Sure everyone could be prejudice, but the minorities could not be. They could not tell whites that they couldn't drink at the same water fountains. But whites sure could tell the minorities that they weren't allowed to. A black person could not, deny a white person anything, while a white person could.

If civil rights weren't established, we'd still be in the 60s and I probably wouldn't be doing anything that I'm doing just because I'm a black woman.
favoritecolorblu is offline   Reply With Quote