View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #44
ninja dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by susu View Post
I think this might be my new favorite show. I enjoyed the second ep, although I didn't think it was quite as epic as the premiere, which had a really haunting quality to it. I feel like the second ep was more action-packed, but the premiere had more memorable scenes. For example, I loved the following scenes from the premiere:
  • Opening scene with little girl
  • Hospital scene
  • Zombie Wife peering through the peephole and turning doorknob
  • Morgan trying to shoot Zombie Wife juxtaposed with Rick putting Half Woman out of her misery
  • Final scene with Rick and the horse running into the zombie horde, and the final shot of the tank overrun with zombies

In the second episode, the only truly memorable scene for me was the one with Rick and Glenn trying to "hide in plain sight," although I'll admit it was pretty suspenseful!

Anyway, that's a minor quibble. I'm really eager to see where this goes. Has anyone read the comic book? I don't know how closely the TV show is going to adhere to the comic, but I read one spoiler about the comic book that was pretty crazy.

By the way, for those who think Andrew Lincoln (the lead) looks familiar, but can't place him, I just discovered that he was in "Love Actually" (the guy who's obsessed with his best friend's new bride, played by Keira Knightley). And apparently the actress who plays Andrea, the blonde woman in the department store crew, used to play Marita Covarrubias on The X-Files.

Yes! They got her with the black ooze/oil eyes.

Thanks for a happy memory from the X-Files (which I loved, mostly).
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote