Just got my GIANT tub of CJ Pattern Pusha Hair Gel.
Since it is 16 oz., it makes the tub of Deep Fix it came with look miniature!

Opened the jar and saw milky white, thick, goopy deliciousness! My hair (2B) is a fool for the most globby, grabby gel and there should be NO WAY my hair will be anything less than in thick gel heaven with this stuff!

It has a consistency that seems what it would be if I combined SS FHG and either KCCC or home made FSG.
It is thickened by gums but slippery elm gives it the slimy feel of KCCC and FSG that some of us really love.

This is thick, but it had the ability to pour when I tipped the container. I took some pics but they did not come out as clear as I hoped so I did not post them here.

Since I am a germaphobe and loathe digging into jars, this, like all my another jarred product, will be dumped into a ziploc bag and "piped" into an 8 ounce squeeze bottle. I get those on etsy or ebay or other online stores that sell essential oils and such.

I have just gotten home from work so my hair is dry and already had product in. I still could not resist scrunching a bit of this in. Now that it dried, I SOTC to soft curls. I will have to add Alba Strong Hold gel or BRHG on top because again, I am a 2 and need stronger hold.

The scent is wonderful. Not too strong at all. It is a light, clean smell. I definitely get clean more than floral or fruity.

I am eager to use this in the morning on freshly lowpoo'd hair. I would be shocked if my hair does not do beautifully with it given the texture/consistency and ingredients. While all the gums, corn starch and such make me happy, what this gel does NOT have-silicone, glycerin and ALOE (which for me is a curl killer) makes me even happier.

I will report back when I have used it tomorrow. I will likely use Beauticurls LI underneath and one of my harder hold gels on top as indicated.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM

Last edited by justajesuschick; 11-29-2011 at 09:59 AM.