You've made a couple of posts about your new growth being too dry. What exactly are you doing to your hair? What are you using to moisturize it? What is going on that you can't even part your hair properly?
Originally Posted by Ronnieaj
I was going to ask the same thing but then when I saw she said she was sure she wanted to relax her hair I didn't even bother. I mean I'm all for people doing whatever they wanna do to their hair but why are you posting in a transitioner's thread asking for advice about how to prep your hair for a perm?!
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10
Because I know that transitioned are great about handling two different textures at once. I don't think I saw a perm or stretch section. I'm on my iPod so I could be mistaken, plus I'm new so I may have overlooked it.

Look, I am new to these boards. This is only my second post. I don't know if it was your intention to mock but I am just trying to get some help. If you think there is a better place for me to post then it would be kinder if you suggested it to me instead.

Another reason I posted here is because at one point I was considering transitioning. I'm sure there are others who thought about it in this section and later decided against it as I did. I decided now is not a good time in my life because of all the upkeep. It's more expensive for me this way, and I do not have the time either.
Originally Posted by Dd_NY
Yes there is a section for perming/straightening the hair. You may wanna post your question there. We all realize that you are new and that is why we even responded and didn't just leave your post unanswered like many others did. However none of us are 'experts' nor claim to be, some have just been at it longer than others and like to help out 'newbies' like yourself.

No one is saying there is anything wrong with you deciding to perm your hair. It is your hair and you do as you wish. However it can/does get irritating when 'newbies' come on and post and post the same questions w/out first searching for answers and then get defensive bc other posters respond and question their tactics when they haven't even attempted the basics yet like using the search button.

Again your question would be better suited for the perming/straightening thread and not the transitioners thread. Good luck on your permed or eventual natural hair journey. Whichever way you decide to go!
Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's