View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
movinginva

Default Moisture or Repair? Help!!!

This is my first time transitioning, and I will continue to get regular haircuts until the relaxed hair grows out completely. I am now about four months into my transition and I am having a hard time figuring out what my hair really needs. Do I need moisture or do I need repair? My hair type is somewhere on the 4 scale, and I do not necessarily want curls, I just want to be relaxer free. Right now I use Aveda's Brilliance as a shampoo and the restructuring conditioner along with their leave-in conditioner and glossing gel. I also use their brilliance oil mixed with olive and jojoba oil daily . I do blow-dry and flat-iron my hair every time I wash which is about once per week (a little less frequently if I am being lazy). I live in southern VA, so the winters are not too harsh. I need new conditioner and I have been going back and forth between their Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy lines. I can't quite decide which one I would need more going forward. I usually get the giant liter bottles, so I would hate to be stuck with one of those if it is not what I really need for my hair. I do tend to stick with Aveda because their products have worked well for my hair thus far.

Any help, suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.
movinginva is offline   Reply With Quote