View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
oh.hi.its.steph

Default eating healthy in college

Can I just say how terrible it is? :P

I mean, I'm not over here overindulging myself in junk food -- I don't buy chips, cookies and other stuff like that! THAT'S easy to avoid. I can just say no when people offer me dessert, or suggest splitting it with someone, or if I really really want it, I eat it. It's all good on that front.

The hard part is actually finding a way to have nutritious meals. Fruit and vegetables aren't really readily available, and there's not much I can make in my microwave that's healthy haha. Essentially the only thing my school offers are all forms of bad carbs. Soup, pasta, white bread, stuff like that. I get wheat bread whenever I can, but they also don't always have it/sometimes it just isn't a substituable option. It's really hard to eat low-carb, which is what I really want to do, when the options are very few and I would most likely be stuck eating a bland salad (not many possible things to add into it) every day :/

Basically I just eat grilled chicken, turkey sandwiches on wheat bread, apples, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or words of encouragement? Haha -- I'm so lost here!

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
oh.hi.its.steph is offline   Reply With Quote