View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #70
Corrina777

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh.hi.its.steph View Post

Martial arts -- that's awesome, I want to do something like that! I just use the elliptical for 30-40 minutes each day :P Good luck, I'm sure it'll be an awesome source of fitness, and you'll do well in the tournament!
It's absolutely the most intense thing I've ever done. You wouldn't know from looking at me (since I'm carrying an extra 50-60 pounds right now), but I've always been a bit of a gym rat (I just really, really like food- especially sweets and carbs). I'm not happy unless I feel like my legs are going to cave from underneath me when I leave the gym. But I started doing Tang Soo Do about a year and a half ago and it takes my workouts to a completely different level. After doing a week long camp in July, I realized that even carrying the extra weight my athletic ability now far exceeds my old skinny self.

Today will be a more difficult day for motivation, only because I went home after work and need to physically leave my apartment again (M,W,F I can just go straight from work because there's a 5pm class on those days). I know I'll feel great once I get there; it's just the getting back out the door.

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote