I thought about using Mop Top as a spritz leave in but I will definitely have to pay more attention to my reaction to protein.

My night time routine is just wearing a bonnet. This week I applied some of the luscious at night, it made it softer.
I also tried getting into the shower in the mornings but not really wetting my hair, (just the mist and steam) and then applied Luscious and jojoba oil. It was a lot better than before. I could use a little more definition but maybe dont need a gel.

Hello Chicas!

I big chopped a month ago and although I was loving my hair, things are changing and i"m not so happy anymore.

My hair gets really dry and my main problem is every morning I have a frizzy mess of matted afro. I have about 5 inches of growth. My kinks, coils have great definition and are perfectly curly when wet. As the day goes along it starts to frizz giving it an undefined matted look, by the next morning, its a mess!!

Please help... what do I do? I just bought a set of products and still trying them out to see what works
CJ Daily Fix-- its good
CJ Curls in a bottle-- it gives definition the first day, then it just makes it dry and frizzy.
AO Honeysuckle...been using it since transitioning days its my favorite!
Bee Mine Luscious---its moisturizing, I just dont think I know how to use it.
Mop Top deep conditioner--not as slippery as I hoped for...very $$ so I need to keep using.. any suggestions?? maybe as a Leave-in?

I need defined moisturized curls! Please help me in achieving this... Im being discouraged of my natural look
Originally Posted by hippiechica

You can try the Mop Top as a leave-in and see how it fels. It has protein so if you start to experience dryness you may be overdoing the protein a bit. I would try CJ Rehab. It is EXCELLENT as a leave-in if nothing else.

I did not find the CJ CIAB to be very good. It dried me out. Try to explore other gels if you feel like you need it.

Do you wrap/bonnet your hair at night? What's your nighttime routine? I use to sleep without wrapping my head and my hair got very dry even with the satin pillowcase.
Originally Posted by afrosheenqueen