Hi ladies,

So I've had a lot of trouble with CURL ENHANCEMENT and also, CURL HOLD until I found AG:Recoil. I had some serious curls from this stuff, and they lasted all day. Then I had 2nd day hair that I did nothing to, just pulled the hair out of pineapple and I just had to share

I did read it can be drying, can anyone tell me what I might try to switch off and on with? Curl Keeper? Thoughts? Thanks for any advice Both of these thumbnails are from second day hair!
Originally Posted by CurlyStephie
Your hair is gorgeous! AG re:coil has been a miracle product in my arsenal for years. I use it every time I do my hair; I find it gives my curls that extra oomph. I think it works really well with people with fine or medium hair because this kind of hair type seems to respond really well to magnesium (an ingredient in re:coil I believe) It can be drying if you have more medium/coarse hair. I have never had a problem with it.

Do you apply it to your hair before your curl gel or after? If you put it on afterwards it might protect your hair from dryness.

I use a great hair conditioner with fine hair. It's by Regis and it's called Olive Oil Shampoo. I use a lot of products with magnesium and it helps keep my hair healthy and soft, without weighing it down.
Originally Posted by CalamityM
Calamity I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!! Oh so gorgeous!!! I do find the AG:Recoil a bit drying (my hair is course) and I also found that if I don't rotate it, it stops working well, which REALLY bums me out as I have found nothing that works as well as it does. So, I save it for special times when I need great hair.

I wish I knew what to try on the "non ag:recoil" days. I like CJ CIAB but it doesn't do for me what the AG Re:coil does. I also use Mag Oil in my homemade FSG -- I might try upping the amount in there as that doesn't seem to dry me. Have you used Mag Oil at all?

There was also a product by SS that uses Dead Sea Salt -- which I think is also Mag Sulfate. Maybe I'll try that. I really like the idea of using it OVER my gel, to help prevent dryness. I'm going to try that.

I just SO wish this wasn't so hard and at times a bit frustrating. When I did my BB, my hair looked predicable, and I could count on how it would look when it was straight. With curls it's such a crap shoot. I never know from day to day what type of curls I'm going to get.

Also, being new to CG, I don't know what to make of Winter Hair vs Summer Hair products. Sigh. Guess I'll have to do more research, lol.

Thanks again -- I'm going to try the gel first, then the re:coil!
CG since Oct. 5, 2011
http://public.fotki.com/curlystephie/
Had two Brazillian Blowouts (last one on 6/30/11)
Curly all of my life but I don't know if I"m a 3a or 3b or both?
I love plopping.
CJ CIAB is a HG for me
Trying out CJ conditioners.
Make my own FSG using honey, fote, and mag oil.
Deva Curl "No Poo" "One Conditioner" "Heaven In Hair" "Bleaven" "AnGel" and "Set up and above"
Need more CURL ENHANCEMENT and HOLD and FRIZZ CONTROL!