I am laughing uncontrollably right now from your passion you've displayed! Anywho, my regimen.
Sunday is my wash/co-wash day. Up until 2 weeks ago I would wash on Sunday. Deep condition. Detangle. Put leave-in in (Cantu usually), I'd then twist it, using raw shae butter oil to seal in the moisture. I don't touch my hair during the week really. I re-twist on Wed usually, never using a comb or anything... just my fingers. I also re-moisturize with a leave in cond that I have on Wed when I re twist. If I see my hair looks dry, I may spritz it with water. That's about it.

I had heat damage about a year ago when I flat ironed my hair to clip my ends. I cut all the damaged hair off. That's pretty much my regimen. Oh! Styles... mainly puffs because my twist outs RARELY turned out right. my hair is a decent length, but def not where it needs to be after 2+ years! BTW: Yea, I stopped using shae butter.... It did NOTHING to my hair but piss me off. smh

Your thoughts?

p.s. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING!

Woman I need a regimen!!! What, precisely, are you using and how? Give me deets!!

Also, you may very well be heat-damaged from flat ironing your hair. Not necessarily, but if you've done it consistently then more than likely you have some damage that will eventually just need to be cut off. That can affect the hair's porosity. I've read from other naturals that heat damage can lower the hair's porosity, and for a lot of low porosity ladies, shea butter is the debil. DEBIL I say! (sorry, I'm a little loopy right now) I've heard that it just sits on the hair and doesn't really moisturize.

If you haven't already, take a look at the 4a forum. A lot of women there have experience with some of the issues you've raised. FYI, I'm a 4a natural.
Originally Posted by Ronnieaj