First thing you need to do is determine your hair properties. Here's a site to help: Live Curly Live Free - Home Struttswife's ebook would be a good investment. There's no information that's not available on nc.com--it's just all in one place.

One you determine your hair properties, look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signature) and do. It's a good place to start.

Depending on where you live, the climate (dewpoints in particular) will help determine what you want to do. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. When the dewpoint is high, I use a leave in OR curl enhancer with a jelly product. When the dewpoint is lower, I use all three. My hair is fine, low porosity and low density. I use minute amounts of richer products.

It's all about getting the protein/moisture balance right. I do at least one PT per week and use a lot of products with protein. Protein helps define my curls and reduce frizz. Depending on the PT, you will need to follow with a DT. I use moisturizing PTs, so it DTs aren't necessary for me.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams