View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
CalamityM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly-Asian View Post

As I was getting ready and putting product in my hair, my older sister comes in a tells me if putting all that product in my hair was necessary. (All I used was a leave-in, mousse, and a tiny bit of chi silk infusion.)

I told her if I didn't, my hair would be a frizzy mess.

She then shrugs and says it's a lot of effort just to go out. (we were heading to the movies.) This is coming from my sister who has long pin straight hair. When there is not shampoo, she literally washes her hair with handsoap and she's good to go.

Have you ever been questioned like that?
It kinda made me annoyed because she doesn't have my hair and she doesn't know what it feels like. I would LOVE to just wash my hair and leave the house as is, but I can't.
My whole family is like that. I'm the only one with wavy/curly hair.
I've never had someone say that to me. I've never had someone care so much about my hair care that they'd feel the need...unless they're suggesting a product I might want to try out.

Each person has different grooming and personal habits. I wouldn't knock someone who enjoyed focusing on polishing their nails, skin care, clothing, physical fitness, makeup...or how much effort they like to put into their hair. After all, I have seen people with straight hair still spend time blow drying their hair each day to give it body and then spritzing it with hairspray so they get lift at the roots. Putting some products in to tame my curls and then diffusing my hair doesn't seem like a big deal to me in comparison.

I wouldn't sweat it. Your sister will get used to any routine you start up. Once the novelty wears off I imagine she'll stop commenting. Siblings always like to pipe up with useless comments from time to time. It's kind of their job to be annoying...it keep us on our toes.

Beauty Blog :
www.MeghanDidIt.wordpress.com
CalamityM is offline   Reply With Quote