View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #13
CurliLocks

Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabeth33
Only an EDTA will remove hard water.

Most products that have EDTA have just enough to make the product behave as if it were being used in softer water. Only clarifying poos seem to have enough EDTA to remove hard water minerals or chlorine. Usually, the bottle will advertise this as well.

Swirlycurly Chemist, do you know of any other ways to remove hard water minerals or chlorine?
I'm confused. Robert Craig's Shampoo for Extremely Hard Water lists these ingredients, no EDTA:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Geranium Macalatum Extract, Juniperus Communis Fruit Extract, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium - 11, Citric Acid, Methylchoroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone, fragrance, Yellow 5.

I don't really know if his shampoo "removes" hard water (you can't really remove the water though) but it is formulated to work with hard water so your hair is cleaned, not stripped, but isn't affected by the hardness of the water. I've used it before (water's not so hard now with a filter) and it works great. But no EDTA. ????

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote