wow!! i didnt know people were still writing on this
all of you have grown your hair to your shoulders, you guys are my inspiration!!! D;
i just really hope i can get there too
Rainy Days: ill definatley try what you wrote

and also a question do you guys ever feel like when you use oils your hair feels and looks extra greasy? i use a little less than a dime size amount and my hair always feels greasy
Originally Posted by elenaa
What oils are you using? Some oils definitely feel greasier than others, regardless of amount used. However, I'm a 4a and I PS 99.7% of the time, so that doesn't bother me much.

It is super important that you listen to your hair's needs. You mentioned that twist-outs worked in the past, that could be because of the low manipulation involved. You may want to wear more low to no-manipulation styles if you're trying to grow. If you've been at the same length for 3 years, your retention is the issue, not growth itself. Try taking supremely good care of it and leaving it alone and see what happens.

I wish I would wear my hair out everyday! My hair would cause a flippin rebellion in here. I can't do that, RainyDays can and she's got gorgeous hair to prove it. I washed and conditioned my hair last week and let it air dry unstretched--my APL length hair was 3 inches long! I tried not trimming--umm, NO. My hair is NOT having it, so now I trim every 10 weeks. Oh, and I saw a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in months, who didn't recognize me with my "short" haircut. Umm, dude, my hair is 4 inches longer than the last time I saw you... people see what they want to. Don't believe the hype!