Thread: Curly Kinks
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #31
justajesuschick

I tried a dime size of Satin Roots scrunched into dripping wet hair and then scrunched dry with t-shirt. I then mixed Coil Jam and BRHG in hand and applied. I was going to just use Coil Jam but read that they should be used together for best results.

I am ALWAYS heavy handed with product.

To be certain that I was judging these products on their own merit, I used my regular shampoo and conditioner. I also chose not to use an additional "curl cream" as I normally would.

The Satin Roots is very rich. Richer than something I would normally use. My hair did look less curly when wet. However, I did not use CJ DF or KCCC so I am not surprised.

My hair came out great! The fragrance did seem to bother me (itchy eyes and nose, not scalp) just at first. Now that it has dissipated, I am fine. I would likely ask if she would offer products fragrance free.

My hair is soft but has good volume and really nice curl.

I would buy more of this product. I do not know if I would buy both or if I would just buy the Jam. Texture-wise, it reminds me very much of CJ PP.

Here are a couple of pics right after I SOTC. My hair clip was not cooperative so the pinned up part looks more dramatic than usual:

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM

Last edited by justajesuschick; 12-28-2011 at 01:06 PM.
justajesuschick is offline   Reply With Quote