View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
Amneris

Quote:
Originally Posted by curledlove View Post
Thanks again for more valuable advice! We have been talking about it for some time now and I have finally decided to start. I will be taking temperatures starting tomorrow even though I know the hormones are still active. How will I know when I'm ovulation again? Do I just have to wait for regular periods or are there other signs?
You need to read a book, such as TCOYF.

The most definitive proof that ovulation has happened (short of ultrasound or conceiving a baby) is temping, but that becomes apparent after the fact (though you will start to see patterns.) If your goal is to avoid conceiving, you want to avoid sex or unprotected sex during the fertile period leading up to ovulation (usually 3-5 days, sometimes slightly less or slightly more.) You can tell you are in this zone by the quality of your cervical mucus, and some choose to check the feel and position of their cervix internally, and some have secondary symptoms such as ovulation pain. You can also use ovulation tests or a fertility monitor or some other device. The mucus is the main thing to look out for.

Amneris is offline   Reply With Quote