Kathy...Where is the protein in the Jam and Satin Roots? Apparently it has it and it's just not a protein I know about. I don't do well with protein in my styling products and Li. I'm also wondering if the glycerin will be a problem in the winter.
Originally Posted by ChrissyC
How do you know it has a protein in it that you don't know?? Did you read it somewhere?? My hair LOVES protein, so it wouldn't bother me. But I, too, don't see a protein in either product.

Glycerin doesn't seem to bother me, either. Especially, if I use a moisture rich leave in. Or, I always assumed that it was the case.

I contacted the owner, Monique Fordyce, to give her the link to my review. We "chatted" a bit via email. She's planning to come out with a glycerin free version of the Coil Jam (While keeping the original, too. I was worried about a formula change of a great thing!) sometime next year.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams