Thread: Curly Kinks
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #47
kathymack

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyC View Post
Kathy...Where is the protein in the Jam and Satin Roots? Apparently it has it and it's just not a protein I know about. I don't do well with protein in my styling products and Li. I'm also wondering if the glycerin will be a problem in the winter.
The large amount of plant extracts high on the list along with the sea kelp would keep the items from being protein free on my head.

Siri types my posts for me.
I thought it might be the sea kelp, too. I looked it up. "Sea kelp contains over sixty essential vitamins, minerals, and trace elements." No protein there.

I'm not a scientist, just thinking about the days when I didn't eat "flesh" type foods and looked for ways to get protein in my diet. I think of the food combining, like beans and rice, etc. IMHO, it's a stretch to think that a few drops (even a teaspoonful) of plant extract is going to have the appropriate amino acid combinations to make complete chains of protein. Or, at least enough to affect protein sensitivity in hair.

Maybe I'm wrong about this. However, I still don't see anything in the review that says this product has protein.

FYI, I decided to look up the DT--Curlycue ReNew is described as protein free (which was disappointing to me) in the description on the website. It has the following ingredients:

Distilled Water, Certified Organic Burdock Root (Arctium lappa), Certified Organic Amla (Emblica officianalis) , Certified Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense), Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, Guarsilk, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance

Which include some of the plant extracts that are in the other products.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote