View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Fifi.G

I tend to do good, at least no immediate or obvious reactions, to a great deal of proteins. Now that's just products containing them. I've never done a PT (other than mayo on the hair as a child) and the only products I've used, day to day, over many years, that contain proteins are finishing products. It's been silk, soy and keratin in mild very mild doses. After a horrible hack dye job I tried It's a 10 leave in conditioner, trying to get my hair healthier for my first color correct. It has wheat protein and it came close to melting my hair. I had to get damage cut out, weeks later. I have gone over it's ingredients with a fine tooth comb, and any other product that did the same. Wheat protein, aloe and sunflower seed extract oil seem to be 3 of common culprits. Along with chemicals that I've been researching, but most have turned out to be not so bad. I have been told people with gluten intolerance can't do wheat protein on the hair. I've never been officially told that I have it but a allergy doc did tell me to try a gluten and sugar free diet, to see if it helped with other issues I had in the past. Lord, idk, but I'm gonna figure it out

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote