View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #226
tmarie86

Default Second transition attempt...

Hey all!

So, I have finally decided to start the transition from relaxed to natural. At first I wasn't really sure about doing it because I've never really liked to spend too much time on my hair. I'm one of those people who just liked to wake up, brush it out, maybe curl the ends a bit and go on about my business. My sister, who has been natural for about a year now, would keep trying to convince me that I should go natural. I tried it for a bit, but after about 3 months I was done with the dry roots and the breakage, so back to the creamy crack I went.

But sometime in December an old picture resurfaced of me at 11 years old, one year before my first relaxer. I saw how thick and healthy it was then and saw how thin, dry, and brittle my hair has become since. My last relaxer was in late October 2011. Its been almost 3 months and its getting near that time when I usually get my relaxer. Right now all the support I have is a mom and sister who both live 1000 miles away and that old picture. Sorry if this seems a little long-winded, but I'm so glad I found this site because any and all support on this journey is much appreciated, especially since I now feel like a hot mess most of the time.
tmarie86 is offline   Reply With Quote