Thread: Curly Kinks
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
FrizzBgone

Thumbs up Love this line so far!!!

My hair looked awesome with these products. So far, I have used the Curlycue Renew DT, Twirly Curl Cleanse, Satin Roots LI and the Coil Jam.

Renew:
The DT is a true DT. My hair was like silk after using it. I didn't even use it with heat - just wrapped my hair in a towel and left it for awhile. I definitely couldn't use this too often because it works so well. I was due for a good DT after my last colour/highlight. The Renew got my hair back in shape. It has great slip, is lightly fragranced and melted my tangles.

Cleanse:
This is a different cleanser. It is extremely mild. If you have to have a lot of suds, this is not for you. Like many natural cleansers, it is quite thin. I rubbed it between my hands and put it directly on my scalp. It rinses really well and leaves your hair feeling soft and clean.

Satin Roots LI:
I tend to be heavy handed with products. This LI is quite concentrated. I didn't need a lot. It also has great slip; it distributes easily and leaves your hair well moisturized.

Coil Jam:
This product left my hair really curly. I finger combed a small amount through the hair in the back of my head and then tipped my head over and scrunched it in. I then scrunched in approximately a dime of light to medium hold gel, plopped, scrunched In a small amount of CIAB & diffused. (I always use a serum type product regardless of what product I use. I find it prevents frizz).

My curls sprung up right away. It didn't take any longer than normal to diffuse. After it was completely dry, I SOTC with Oyin's Whipped Pudding. My curls were really soft and well defined, but I still had great volume.

Fragrance:
I can be sensitive to some fragrances; I can get terrible headaches. While this scent isn't my favourite, it is lightly fragranced and it fades once it is dry. While I was aware of it while it dried, it never gave me a headache. I can't say that I love the fragrance, but I don't dislike it either, scent is a very personal thing. What smells amazing to some, is offensive to others. My main requirement is that it can't be floral, cant be too strong, fades when dry and of course, no headaches. It passes all my requirements!

I highly recommend this line. It is great value for the money and works amazingly well.

Last edited by FrizzBgone; 01-04-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: .
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote