Originally Posted by tbabyy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur View Post
Sticky status baby!

WOOT!!!!

I had to gif this

And the question about MAC that I asked was more or less "Why the hype"? I read over some of the comments before from Lolakinkz and a few others about some MAC colors and I wanted to find out why it was so popular.
Word. Well outside of the trendy aspect, I think it's popular because it's easily accessible (available at their own stores and several dept stores), and the makeup artists usually (although there are exceptions) look on point. Sometimes when I go to Sephora I'm like, "Uh, honey, I know you aren't trying to sell me some makeup." They also do a lot of celeb collaborations and their limited collections make it more desirable because people know they won't be able to get it again, or they'll have to wait until they repromo it.

Also, their online chat help is actually helpful and the people responding actually know about the colors. Last time I did an online chat to find a new foundation, and she suggested I get NC40 rather than go to NW b/c NC has less rosy undertones, and I told her that I have yellow undertones. Then, rather than pressure me to buy it online, she said it would be best if I go to the store and double check, and lo and behold, she was right about my color.

I also like that their VivaGlam purchases go to their AIDS fund, and you can trade in empty containers/tubes for a free eyeshadow, lipstick, or lipgloss.
I love MAC because it get great coverage with their foundations. 100% of their things are out of my price range but they usually last me a while. I haven't been able to find a powder or cream that matches my skin tone like Studio Fix (powder) and Mineralize.

And their chat is very helpful....I was new to the whole makeup game and they helped me with colors that would look good (not weird) on my skin tone)...I can't wait to restock up.
I like MAC for their lipsticks and foundations, probably the top 3 brands in my opinion and much more affordable than NARS etc... I get a discount so that skews my view. But I will say that their range of shades and the mixability of their foundations is nice and they are alot cheaper than MUFE even with out the discount. I just bought my first e/s and lip gloss from them sooo verdict is still out on that stuff.

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

LolaKinkz is offline   Reply With Quote