View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Mirabella

So I went ahead and did the protein treatment, the first link with egg and mayo, I doubled the recipe for my length of hair as I tried the recipe amounts and I didnt feel my hair was covered enough and it felt gunky and sticky. Left that on for an hour (about 10mins over an hour as I had to put my son down for his nap and he was quite insistent that he was not tired through yawns). Rinsing it out my hair felt a bit stiff and dry like I had just washed with a sulfate shampoo. Is this normal?

I am sitting with a deep conditioning treatment on now. I had hoped to leave it on over night but DH just informed me that he wants to go out to eat, so I told him he had to wait til 9 cause I wanted to leave this on for longer than an hour.

If it still feels rough, do you think it would benefit my hair to do another PT with something store bought? I bought some V05 moisturizing hot oil treatment these are its ingredients:

Water (Aqua); Cocotrimonium Chloride; Acetamide MEA; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice; Hydroxyethylcellulose; PEI-1750; Oleth-20; Propylene Glycol; Methylparaben; Disodium EDTA; Polyquaternium-10; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein/Vegetable Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride; Phytantriol; Polysorbate 20; Keratin Amino Acids; Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Panthenol; Ascorbic Acid; Niacinamide; Biotin; Fragrance (Parfum); Linalool; Benzyl Salicylate; Yellow 6 (CI 15985)

Or should I just do more deep conditioning? For my moisture treatment I am doing a partial SMT method, conditioner, olive oil and agave (instead of honey). I can not find plain aloe and usually use fsg instead but made my new batch while waiting on the PT to be done and it was not cool enough to add.

Thanks again for your help and advice!
Mirabella is offline   Reply With Quote