I'd still swaddle, maybe just a bit looser. Especially if he sleeps on his back. The startle reflex that wakes up back-sleepers continues until about 6 months.

If he's not sleeping as long, either swaddled or not, you could try propping him on his side with rolled blankets. He's probably a natural tummy sleeper and once he's able to roll over onto his tummy, he'll sleep great.

(Personally, I'd put him to sleep on his tummy now, but I know people have the irrational fear of SIDS beaten into them by the BTS campaign.)
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I agree. The BTS campaign drives me crazy. Both of my kids are stomach sleepers and I had someone basically call me a bad mother because I will not fight with my children about how they are most comfortable sleeping. Besides, we do everything in the BTS campaign besides putting them on their backs.
Originally Posted by FieryCurls

I've been called a bad mother too for letting my babies sleep on their tummies. It's ridiculous. There's no scientific proof that BTS prevents SIDS, and I have really looked. BTS is lowest-common-denominator advice...which has ruined the sleep patterns of millions of babies. If you follow the other guidelines, your well-rested tummy-sleeping baby will be just as safe as the screaming non-sleeping BTS babies.