View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #140
SammySingally

Gaah! I dislike when people argue with me if this is my real hair or not! I'm like, "it's my real hair, no lie!" and then they go arguing with me then thrust their filthy hands into my hair both messing it up, causing a bit of frizz and getting whatever junk that was on their hands into my hair.

Here's something else:

Girl 1: Sam, did you cut your hair?
Girl 2: Yeah, it looks shorter and different.
Me: Err....you haven't seen me in like over a year. My hair's natural now.
Girl 1: Ooooh, but did you cut it?
Girl 2: You know what? Just relax your hair, that'll be better for you.
Me: I am never relaxing my hair again, I don't want damaged hair that keeps breaking. I love my curls, I've missed them so I'm keeping them! And no, I did not cut my hair
Girl 2 shuts up
Girl 1: So why does your hair look shorter? Did it break or something?
Me: My hair's actually longer than it used to be, it's just that I have a lot of shrinkage and the curls make it look shorter.
I pull me hair down a bit to show that it's longer than before
Girl 1: Cool!
Girl 2: I used to have natural hair before, but it's too hard to manage. It's better to relax your hair.
Girl 1: I like your hair like this, Sam.
Me: Thanks. And to you, like I said before, I'm not relaxing my hair. I can manage my hair, I know how to work with it and I'll rather have hard to work with hair than damaged hair.

(the Girl 2 totally pissed me off. She's had like super straight hair most of her life and she thinks I must have it too. The annoying thing is that people like my curls!).

Here's something that happened on the 14th of Dec:

Marissa: I wonder how you work with your hair (helping me take out my braids)
Raddie: I thought your hair was longer (show her my actually longer hair length)
Raddie: Oh! that's cool! Your hair's like a rubber band (describing it's elasticity)
Sholly: You still have to straighten your hair.
Marissa: She doesn't use heat on her hair
Raddie: That's true, she doesn't.
Mojola: Why aren't you straightening your hair?
Marissa: She doesn't use heat.
Mojola: Why are you always so different, I don't know what's wrong with you.
Naomi: You should relax or texturize your hair, it's too curly.
(Marissa and Raddie go into a room to dress up because we had a formal dinner we had to leave for soon. She leaves Naomi to help with taking my braids out. So... Naomi takes a pair of scissors and cuts my braids! I had some extensions in, yeah, but if anyone had trouble taking out the ends of the extensions, I cut off the ends for them because the extensions were longer than my actual hair. Naomi picked up those scissors and slashed my hair. I had lost about 2 inches of hair (I'm not talking bout extensions). So, Naomi left (after cutting), I felt like crying because she didn't care bout what she did. Marissa and Raddie come out wearing their dresses, but holding their shoes. They drop them on the sofa and come back to help)
Raddie: What happened to your hair?
Me: Naomi cut it?
Raddie: Why?
Me: I don't know, she was just to help me take out the braids.
Marissa: Don't ever let her touch your hair again!
Me: I'm not planning on ever letting her even feel my hair again.
Sholly, Mojola and one other person: If you just relaxed your hair or kept it relaxed and not decided to go natural, you won't be having this problem.
Mojola: I can still lend you my straightener if you want to borrow it.
Nicole: Someone has a hot comb and a blow drier if you want to use them.
Me (trying to keep calm): No, thank you

My mum and a counsellor (I'm close to) walked into the room then. They helped me take out the rest of my hair. I was practically crying while they did that because of Naomi cutting my hair and people making comments about relaxing, straightening, blow drying, or hot combing my hair like my curls were such terrible things to have. Marissa had to go because she had a date, she had planned on staying with me, but the counsellor told her that they'll handle my hair issue and I'll meet up with her later. Raddie, however, insisted on going with me. So, she stayed, tried to make me feel better and all, but she knew that I felt like just going home. At the end of the day, we went to the dinner together (and shared a date, who became our date when we reached the dinner venue), we laughed together when my hair got huge and frizzy (but still didn't look that bad). Marissa sat at a table beside us and we talked, she took photos of me and my hair (the cut was hidden quite well). I felt better but.... by the next week, when those other girls saw that my hair was still natural, they were like, "you'll never listen!"

(I'm quite emotional about my hair sometimes. Esp. if I had a rough and frustrating day)

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.

Last edited by SammySingally; 01-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.
SammySingally is offline   Reply With Quote