Just wanted to say thanks, this YT video helped me out tremendously in understanding the plopping method. I'm in my 2nd week of the CG method and I take showers at night and have an early morning for work. I slept in my cotton towel (ones from Wal-mart - kitchen section) covered with satin bonnet and this morning my hair was still damp, but not soaking wet, so I diffused on medium/warm setting and it took about 20 minutes and I was good to go. This is a lifesaver.
Originally Posted by BlondeByDesire
You're welcome! The visual really helped me a lot, too. I haven't plopped in about 9 months - my hair on top was too short - but it's been growing out and I decided to try plopping again today. My hair turned out great, very curly and not as much frizz as I normally get. Yay for plopping!

My next experiment is going to try dry plopping in a silk scarf overnight. I can't seem to get second day hair with a regular sleep cap, and my hair is still too short to pineapple, so I'm going to give it a shot. Plopping, if your hair likes it, really is a great technique.
Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
Northern VA
Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
Dye-free since 11/2010