I've been off Biotin for a while now (my dad said I should stop taking them and well...it's not because of them being bad or anything, it's just that he's mad at me because I'm anaemic, I have an ED and well...he's been mad at me since I went vegetarian (it's almost been 5 years now *sigh*). I've been off Biotin for almost 2 months now, but I can say that when I was still taking them, my finger nails grew faster and were stronger, yeah, my hair grew too and like I know someone who got 6 inches of new growth in a few months from taking Biotin pills.
I might get back to taking them some time, who knows, but the key thing is to keeping my hair healthy and happy and I have to tell you, even though you're taking Biotin, you still have to give your hair a lot of TLC, care for your hair, keep it healthy and if you're as random as me, name your hair lol (I named my hair not too long ago lol).
Things I use: Olive Oil, Canola oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, bananas

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.