View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #135
hoodie

Curl Pattern: 2b
Texture: medium
Porosity: high
Density: high
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: STUBBORN! wavier on canopy, especially in the front framing my face. The part underneath, especially back by my neck, hangs almost completely straight but flips out at the ends. Not easy to straighten OR get any consistent wave from.

ModCG: No Poo 2-3x a week, co wash rest of the time.

Hair ingredient likes: honey, olive oil
Hair ingredient dislikes: mineral oil

Hard/Soft Water: I'm not sure

HG/Go-to Products: KCCC

Average climate/dew points: Dry, cold, brutal, and snowy winters. Hot and humid summers. Chicago throws everything at ya!

Fall/Winter combos: Olive oil/honey mixed into condish makes my hair healhier, but sadly, I straighten a lot in the winter bc I can't get much good curl.
Spring/Summer combos: Still playing, but much better curls at this time of year.

Favorite styling techniques and why: Clipping (I get much better volume), smaster & pixie diffuse (better definition)
Techniques that didnít work and why: Pineapple, plopping (too short)

Hair Twins: I don't have any identical twins, but I think kelnaren and pedadeh are the closest ones I have, especially given my recent experiments with honey & protein.

CG steady since September '11

My routine (for now!)
Co Wash: Suave Naturals, VO5, or TJ's
Rinse-Out: 50/50 mix GVP Conditioning Balm & TJ's TTT
Low-Poo: TJ's TTT or Burt's Bees Pom
Leave-In: More GVP Conditioning Balm
DT: Olive & Jojoba Oil. Looking to try coconut soon!
Stylers: KCCC, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Joico Joiwhip, AVG, LaBella Lots of Curls....depends on the day

...always on the lookout for the next great product/technique!
hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote