Being the product strumpet I am, I have a new LOVE--Curly Kinks. Curly Kinks - Natural curling gelly & products for kinky curly coily hair types. When I read the thread in the 4a forum, folks talked about it being another clone of the Kinky Curly products. It's not. It's MUCH better, IMHO.

I rarely use the same product in a week, but my hair was so incredible on Saturday--I had to try these products again, so I could write about them. My hair was funky last week. Like I used a product with an ingredient it didn't like.

First of all, I have to say that the smell is divine--like a cross between vanilla and baby powder. It's light and really nice. They call it their signature scent and it's in all of the products. It's one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled in a product.

Twirly Curl Cleanse: Water, Mentha piperita (Pepperment) Leaf Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (derived from natural source), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG -7 Olivate (derived from olive oil), Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Satin Roots: Distilled Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Persea Americana Oil (Avocado Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance

Coil Jam: Distilled Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Sea Kelp, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Agave Nectar, Olive Oil, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes alba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Frangrance, Citric Acid

I started with the cleanser because it had coco b far down on the list. It didn't foam or get sudsy, but it did remove whatever was in my hair. I styled with a small amount of the Satin Roots (a small blob on my canopy, and a small blob upside down) that I finger combed in and scrunched upside down. I repeated with the Coil Jam. Went through my normal drying routine--wrapped in a Curlease while I dressed and did makeup, CLU to scrunch out the water and diffuse upside down without touching hair for about five minutes. Air dried the rest of the way. My hair had a little crunch which I scrunched out with bare hands. While I was out, I got lots of hair compliments from strangers--my hair was that perfect. Beautiful spirals and NO frizz!

I used the two styling products again today with the same results. My hair was fabulous again. It even started to rain later in the day and I got it rained on twice. Top is a little flatter, but the curls are still perfect and there is still no frizz.

These products are a definite keeper! I already placed my second order and bought the DT (even though I don't DT, I thought that I could use it as a li/curl enhancer.)

Curlycue ReNew: Distilled Water, Certified Organic Burdock Root (Arctium lappa), Certified Organic Amla (Emblica officianalis) , Certified Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense), Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, Guarsilk, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance
Originally Posted by kathymack
Which hairtype do you have, kathymack??

Sent from my HTC Desire using CurlTalk App
Hair type/properties:
3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
-Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
-Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
-Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.