Wow I didn't know tika sumpter was natural. Pretty hair too.

I was think about this today, is it wrong that I'm jealous of girls that have always been natural? I mean I always wanted to be natural. As I kid I would kick and scream so bad my mom's boyfriend had to hold me down on perm day. When I was 8 I saw the craft and rachel true's hair and wanted that. When I told mom she explained that it wasn't possible because of the perms. That I hated. And fought every step of the way. Up until that point I didn't know what a perm was suppose to do. When I found out I was devastated, and actually told my mother I hated her. And then I got knocked into next week...but anyway I'm rambling. I always feel a bit jealous when a natural talks about how they were never relaxed, or the care their mother would take with their hair. My mom ment well, but she honestly believed baby oil was a good moisturizer. I started thinking about this on the bus coming home from work. There were a group of teenagers coming home from school. One of the girls looked to be about 13 and had what looked to be a 4a/b WnG down to her butt, held back by a cute little head band. I felt so jealous, at that age I would have sold my soul to satan for butt length natural hair. Today I would probably sacrafice my leg to the one titted albino ethiopian (yeah I stole it) to have bra strap length natural hair. And that ain't even that long! I just feel like it's messed up that I have to covet something like long natural hair, I feel like I should have it. Be use to it. And not even think about it. I'm seriously fighting the urge to call my mom in the hospital and go "you robbed me!"
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
I've been natural all my life and my hair isn't butt length. *shrug* when you factor in: hair cuts, shrinkage, and plain ole genetics (everyone's not going to grow Disney Princess hair no matter how long they're natural)...there's no guarantee that your hair would be a certain length today if you'd been natural all your life.

The jealousy is pointless.