In regards to mothers of 1 child - was it your choice to only have one child or were there other factors involved?

(Marah, you posted that you had reproductive problems, but if that wasn't an issue, would you have had more?)

The reason I ask is that right now hubby & I have a 20-month old, with talk about fostering/adoption but in the future.

While talking about it the other night, I had to level with my husband and tell him that I'm simply not ready for another child right now, and I'm not sure when I will be ready. Although I reserve the right to change my mind, at this point in time, on Friday, January 20, 2012, I actually don't want any more children.

I hope that doesn't make me sound selfish. But I always said I didn't want any more children than I can afford... not just monetarily but most importantly, emotionally. I believe financially we can handle it, but I'm afraid that I don't have the emotional capability to "share" myself with another child right now. I would hate to bring another child into this world (or our home) and he or she feel unloved or unwanted.

Ah... I'm rambling so maybe I should stop right here. But to recap: to the mothers of just 1 child, what was your reasoning?
Originally Posted by vegas_curls
I had reproductive problems and was told I couldn't have children. I was blessed to have my daughter, but was as a single parent. I didn't adopt after I had her, because I wanted to be able to afford to take care of her properly. You are not being selfish. Better to have one child that you can take care of financially and emotionally, than struggle with two or more.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder