Thread: Curly Kinks
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #78
kathymack

I agree with curlykey. Don't need to use a lot. I use minute amounts of any product. You can see my length and my density is thin due to age, thyroid and a medication I take. For most leave ins, I use a small amount, emulsify on both hands and smooth on the canopy. If my hair feels like it needs more, I do the same thing again, bend over and smooth on the underside (most of the time I don't need the second amount.) Then, I gently finger comb the product through and scrunch it in. I do the same thing with the Coil Jam, but definitely use the two portions. I have acrylic nails (that aren't too long.) I do a backwards scoop of product on my index finger nail--don't use too much. I do the smooth, finger comb and scrunch again. this distributes the products well.

I think the mistake that a lot of folks do is using way too much product. With the "better" products, you rarely need to use much. Which is why most of them are really "cost effective," rather than cost prohibitive. With most products, less really is more.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote