If your hair can do it...i don't see nothing wrong with it. I just hate when Afros are worn as costumes. My hair is not a prop...its...my...hair.
Originally Posted by SmilingElephant
But people use curly hair/straight haired wigs for costumes all the time as well. Hair is hair, and if a 5th grader wants to dress as a disco-dancer from the 60's for Halloween and wears an afro wig, who's to tell them that they're being offensive?
Originally Posted by SaraNoH
Other ppl may not find it offensive but personally, like I said, I do. I don't find my hair "funny". To ME it's like a white person dressing up in black face. I don't like it, given the history of race relations in this country...I don't like it personally.

Now, I won't scream or yell at someone for doing that. But it just shows me that not everybody is aware that Black ppl have been the laughingstock of America for centuries. When it was my ancestors that really contributed a heck of a lot to this country and we are still being made fun of. That's how deep it is for ME. to other Black ppl it may be okay. I'm just stating my opinion.
2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals, GVPCB
Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein!