I have Rheumatoid Autoimmune Disease and Fibromyalgia. I understand how you feel. It does get to be frustrating at times.
Originally Posted by juanab
I am so sorry you have RAD and FM. But thank you for understanding.

Sometimes I feel like I'm all alone in my head with this! Especially when someone asks me, "Why don't you just take ________ ?" Insert latest FM prescription medication into that blank and say it in a condescending voice like I am too stupid to take care of myself.

I have tried Cymbalta with no relief whatsoever and it actually made my insomnia worse! I took Lyrica for over a year and the side effects were not worth the relief that deminished over time. It took a long, miserable 4 months to wean off of it and I will hopefully never get it in my system again.

I try to eat healthy and take supplements of B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, bromelain, fish oil, flax seed oil, some other anti-inflammatory thing I cannot recall the name of along with the regular daily vitamin/mineral and calcium. I feel like a walking science experiment some days.
Originally Posted by goldencurly
I am sorry you are suffering from FM. I can relate to what you are saying about being told by others to take whatever medication is being touted as if it is a cure. I am thankful my family and friends have not done that. I take issue with those commercials. They make it seem that just have to pop a pill and you are good as new. If it were that easy, you and I wouldn't be talking about it right now. I have taken Savella, Cymbalta and Lyrica. Either they didn't work or they made me extremely sick. I can't take any anti-inflammatory medication due to kidney disease caused by an interaction with Celebrex and another med I had to take for the RAD.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder