View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
hookilau

When I first started CG my hair shed in the shower like crazy, my scalp gradually became acutely inflamed and irritated. I gave in after *very* noticeable hair loss...so much so you could see my scalp I'm associating the scalp irritation with the hair loss. I tried to keep all products away from my scalp but with plopping, the amount of product and scrunching soaking wet hair, I couldn't keep it all off my scalp..

I gave in after doing CG for about 8+ months and went back to where I had no hair problems...a cute cut, my hairdryer, and regular shampoos and conditioners.

After quitting CG for about as many months as I did CG, my scalp is very much back to normal and my hair has grown in sufficiently that I know now that for me, my problem had to be the whole CG routine. I really needed the break to re-set my scalp and hair.

My waves didn't go anywhere even though I'd been blowing it out straight for a while. Suave co wash is the devil for me, I use low poo and keep conditioner off my hair. I shampoo every day (not doing this started a downward spiral for me) keep stylers off my scalp and my routine as simple as possible.

Good luck and do what works for you. It's not just you, the routine doesn't agree with everyone

hookilau is offline   Reply With Quote