I haven't gone from straight to curly but I am getting new coarse strands coming through that are much curvier than the others around them. They are similar to the greys that are appearing, but not grey. They like to stick up in a nifty halo all over my canopy, refusing to sit with the other hairs at all, lol.

It's been suggested that colouring might help, but I'm hoping to embrace the grey as it arrives and don't want to start down the colour road. I'm doing lots of DT and avoiding all protein. Last wash I sealed with olive oil after my leave-in, which helped a lot.

So far, my hypothesis is that they haven't got a curl to clump with, and they are dry so they frizz. I can't do anything about their lack of hairs to clump with but I figure I can seal as much moisture into them as possible. Not easy in low porosity hair, but whatever. I am also working on accepting the halo and loving my hair the way it is instead to trying to turn back time to about two years ago when I was literally frizz free with conditioner only.

For me I think it's age, hormones and medications conspiring.

Don't know if there's anything here that helps you, let us know how you get on and what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3a, low porosity, protein sensitive, medium texture (with random coarse strands), growing out a pixie cut

Located in Tasmania, Australia